The Coir Story
Coir mats are hand made from coconut fiber using a method that has been handed down through generations of artisans in the coastal villages of South India. The protective husks of the coconuts are seasoned in lagoons or storage tanks and the golden fiber is extracted with wooden mallets. This fiber is hand spun into yarn. The yarn is then tufted on to a coir base. The finished mat is hand stenciled with color fast dyes. Each door mat is crafted with the greatest of care and is a functional, durable work of art.
Our Coir Door Mats…
- are made of the highest quality coir fiber extracted from organically grown coconut trees.
- have a pile height of 1.5 – 2 inchs
- have the thickest and toughest bristles that will remove all the dirt from shoes.
- stand up to any amount of foot traffic.
- are heavy and will stay in place.
- absorb considerable amounts of moisture from shoes.
- are stenciled using fade-resistant and non-toxic dyes.
- are naturally mold and mildew resistant.
Holly and Ivy
Cast Aluminum Coir Insert-Scroll
Herald in Bronze
Ornate in Silver
Wrought Iron Rubber with Coir Inser
All Weather Wicker Frame Mat -Evergreen
Painted Teak Mat
Single Picture Frame Black